Thursday, April 21, 2011

Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse Review

When one thinks of gaming mice, some brands come to mind and Razer has produced quite a splash within the past few years. There have been some lovely additions, too as some I didn't carea time, it is coming down to a case of diminishing returns as we get into minute differences. I wonder if 4800 / 5200 /5600 dpi sensitivity in a mouse actually makes a difference in MMO gaming, so I was a little skeptical when I received the Razer Naga, a mouse purportedly produced for MMO gamers. Right-handed MMO gamers,Aion power leveling, by the way, there is not a left-handed version.

They say a picture paints a thousand words, but the simplicity of the
style of the Razer Naga hides the phenomenal amount of engineering that has gone into it. Taking a take a look at the fit and finish, it is really an improvement from the Razer Diamondback that I bought in 2005 and still use. The cord is now covered in a woven fabric to greater avoid kinking. The rubberized texture of the mouse feels great to the touch, and does not attract finger prints or slip under tight gaming conditions and sweaty gamer hands. It looks excellent. Razer mice constantly looked classy and felt solid. From packaging to product, the Razer Naga is an appealing package. Mouse clicks are smooth as well as the absence of huge grooves to accommodate separate right and left mouse buttons means that it collects much less dust and fuzz bunnies. It looks very good, feels solid and with their own patented Teflon feet, moves over my cat hair covered mousepad without missing a beat. Yes, for some unfathomable reason, my cat Daisy loves the Naga and curls up around it on my mousepad. She didn't do that with the Diamondback.

I like how the Naga fits my hand.
It can be a bit far more rounded and rather petite looking when compared to the Diamondback along with the Deathadder. With the flatter Diamondback, my hand lays flat with the mouse buttons at my finger ideas. With the Naga, my hand curves over it and my finger guidelines curl up higher on the buttons which enables my thumb to rest naturally too, proper there where it ought to be, over the 12 button thumb grid. With personal input devices such as mice and keyboards, personal ergonomic fit and experience counts for how each and every device fares with each individual gamer ? i.e. apart from technical specs, how effectively a gamer likes a mouse is purely subjective. I liked a heavier mouse until I got utilized to the light and twitchy Diamondback (I had paid very good money for it and darn it, I was going to obtain used to it!)
Finally, we go on to what they did to designate it an MMO-centric mouse; that is the 12 button thumb grid. This replicates the number bar across the top of your keyboard, or with a flip of a switch underneath the mouse, the number key-pad to the correct of your keyboard. Razer estimates that it takes about 18 hours of game play for the average gamer to retrain the muscle memory and reflexes on how they play a game, and provides trainers - adhesive rubber dots that you can stick to the 12 button grid to assist yourself get employed to button placement. I started it out with the great old regular, EverQuest where all I genuinely used was 6 buttons, moving to EverQuest 2, LoTR, Final Fantasy, Global Agenda, Star Trek, several media tours of diverse games and I like it ? specifically considering that I mostly use the WASD keys to move and I actually liked becoming able to do things like alter weapons whilst running. I played very a bit of Global Agenda with this mouse, equipping the jetpack and leaping off buildings with out a hitch in my stride. Also convenient was remapping the a variety of keys in Star Trek Online to the number pad and making use of the thumb grid.

Drivers aren't shipped with the mouse and to obtain essentially the most out of the Naga, players will need to download drivers off the Razer site. At this time, drivers are offered for both Mac and Windows and also the most recent drivers give full re-mapping and macro ability for all 12 buttons on the thumb grid, placing macro control literally, under your thumb. In-game custom interface add-ons are also obtainable by way of the Razer http://razernaga.info/ web-site for World of Warcraft and Warhammer and a lot more are planned.

I've discovered the Razer Naga to be one sweet mouse for MMO gaming and it's sitting in pride of place correct now, having replaced the Diamondback (all 1600dpi of it) which has been relegated to the laptop for work purposes, with the photographer within the home cackling with glee at having received the Deathadder for Photoshop work.
Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse Review from Razer Naga Review

No comments:

Post a Comment